Freedman HealthCare (FHC) specializes in health care performance measurement and improvement, health information technology, and strengthening linkages between public health and health care reform. Through our national work with state health organizations and policy makers, FHC is committed to creating a more efficient health care system. FHC is seeking an experienced Business Analyst/Programmer to join our team at Freedman HealthCare.
- Help clients define critical business reporting strategies by reviewing, analyzing and documenting business processes and user needs, and by developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining reports in various formats (flat, drillable, graphic, charts, dashboards, KPIs) drawn from inter and intra application data stores and made available through various methods
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives
- Transform ad hoc and manual processes into sustainable, repeatable, scalable, automated solutions
- Ability analyze an organization’s current technologies and needs to make recommendations and provide guidance
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve goals
- Advise clients on data management and data governance best practices, including data mapping and migration, conceptual and physical data models, quality assurance and integrity
- Develop data visualizations, dashboards in Tableau, PowerBI, BusinessObjects, or other comparable tools
- Specific focus on health care claims and eligibility data
- Familiarity with databases, data architecture and data modeling concepts and methodologies (e.g. Kimball vs. Inman; relational vs. dimensional models)
- Understand concepts of master data management
- Experience with extract, transform, load (ETL)
- Proficiency with business intelligence/data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Power BI, etc.
- Developing complex/multi-data source queries
- Developing complex SQL queries and reports
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, ODBC or other direct connections to data warehouses, macros, conditional formatting, complex formulas
- Translating high-level design into specific implementation steps
3-5 years’ experience, preferably with health care claims data, preferably in a complex analytic and reporting environment..
Experience with SQL is required; in addition, R, Python and Visual Basic knowledge is a plus
Bachelors degree in a related field required.
Location: Newton, MA (work must be performed on site; no remote possible)
To apply for this position, please contact Joanne Halpern at email@example.com. Interested candidates should reply with BOTH a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.