White Papers and Policy Briefs
- Releasing APCD Data: How States Balance Privacy and Utility. March, 2017. Report prepared by Freedman Healthcare, LLC.
- Why Are Hospital Prices Different? An Examination of New York Hospital Reimbursement. December, 2016. New York State Health Foundation. Data analyses, quality analyses and project management support provided by Freedman HealthCare, LLC.
- Examination of Health Care Cost Trends and Cost Drivers Pursuant to G.L. c 12C, § 17: Report for Annual Public Heating Under G.L. c. 6D, § 8. October, 2016. Analytic support provided by Freedman HealthCare, LLC.
- Massachusetts Health Policy Commission Review of Beth Israel deaconess Care Organization’s Proposed Contracting Affiliation with New England Baptist Hospital and New England Baptist Clinical Integration Organization (HPC-CMIR-2015-1) and Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization’s Proposed Contracting Affiliation and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s and Harvard Medical Faculty Physician’s Proposed Clinical Affiliation with MetroWest Medical Center (HPC-CMIR-2015-2 and HPC-CMIR-2016-1), Final Report, September, 2016. Analytic support provided by Freedman HealthCare, LLC.
- Re-examining the Health Care Cost Drivers and Trends in the Commonwealth: A Review of State Reports, Massachusetts Association of Health Plans, February, 2016. Report prepared by Freedman HealthCare, LLC
Press Releases and Other Announcements
North Carolina APCD Report Published: The North Carolina Institute of Medicine (NCIOM) has published a report proving the value of implementing an All-Payer Claims Database in the state. The study suggests that employing an APCD will provide North Carolina decision makers access to data that will assist in improving health and healthcare services throughout the state. Read the full article.